Monday, March 14, 2011

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss

Here lately, I feel no emotion.
But isn't not feeling something still "feeling" something?

The feelings just change.

I feel dull where I once felt lively.

Tired where I once felt awake.

Honestly I feel as though my life is going no where.

"Than why don't you do something about it dandan?"

That's a very good question reader. I am trying, but it's as though the more I think about changing it, the more I realize I can't.

In my last post, I talked about going into my Fictional World when my Real World began to weigh on me.
Yet in recent days I find that going into my Fictional World doesn't fix my Real World's issues.

I didn't want to write a new post until I had something good to write about. Allowing my literary skills to show...but then I realized that this blog is a way for me to express how I feel. That I should write, not to please other people, but to please myself.

Writing right now I don't feel very pleasant. However, I do feel as though I am venting, and venting is always good.

When I was a child, I was under an umbrella of proctection. I didn't have a care in the world. Bills? Money Shortages? What were those?

Ignorance was my life and I LOVED it.

Yet as I grew older the umbrella began to get smaller and smaller until finally, I don't feel it there anymore.

I'm not going to say I want it back because I believe ignorance is NOT bliss but rather willful idiocy.

I'll give you a BRUTAL example.

Say I'm at a party and I hear screaming coming from one of the rooms but I don't go look.
My not knowing what is going on isn't going to stop some poor woman from being raped now is it?
No! The rape still happens whether I know about it or not.

But if I chose to go look and chose to stop it. Then it's one less crime.

Same with politics, bills...well, life.

If I ignore it, it's not gonna stop it from happening.

Therefore, why would I want that back?

Ignorant is how I feel lately when I try to hide away from my life in my Fictoral World.

Don't get me wrong I still recommend it to anyone looking for a quick break.

However, in MY personal situation that's how it stands.

Find your footing in life and THEN enjoy the little trips to the Fictoral World.

Just know that it will help you have fun, but it won't solve your problems.

Thanks Again,
DanDan

No comments:

Post a Comment